We were tagged in The Book Blogger Test Tag by wordsweheart she has a great blog! Go check her out! And thanks for tagging! 🙂 So Hannah and I will both be answering the questions to make things more fun! So here it goes!
1. What are your top three book pet hates?
– I hate when books in a series don’t match up! You can’t keep switching the sizes of the books or the covers and think thats ok! I can’t express to you guys how much this really gets on my nerves so here is a gif from Hank Greens rant about books
– It’s really starting to bug me that books never have the blurb on the back of the book anymore. I don’t care that Billybob Joe thinks that this book is a “majestical masterpiece” (trying saying that 5 times fast) I want to know what the book is about. Someones review unless its some big shot author, which normally ends up going on the front cover anyways, will not make me decide to buy this book over the dozen of others on my list.
-Ok this one will only apply to people who live in certain countries. But here in Canada, books are more expensive than in the United States. They are always at least 2-5 bucks more expensive and it makes me so frustrated because I could be saving that money which could go towards other books! We have a free trade agreement and yet we still have to pay more because we live above you. To prove my point, I was looking at some of my books the other day and I came across this:
2. Describe your perfect reading spot.
I love to sit outside and read but just sitting in my room is a good spot too. I do tend to move around a lot when I’m read though, I will find myself partly upside down in a car trying to get comfortable.
3.Tell us 3 book confessions.
-If I don’t get past the first 2 or 3 chapters of a book I won’t commit to it and then move onto another book until I get into one.
– I buy books after I’ve read them cause I like to see them on my shelf.
-I have over 20 books on my shelf I have to read and yet I keep buying more…its a sickness!
4.When was the last time you cried during a book?
That would be City of Heavenly Fire which I finished under a week after it being released. So a couple of weeks ago, haven’t been reading as much since exams were happening. I do cry a lot from books though! I have many emotions
5. How many books are on your bedside table?
I don’t really have a bedside table that can hold books but right now I would technically have 2:
Lux Beginnings by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Includes 1st two books in Lux Series) (currently reading)
Frozen by Erin Bowman (Have started but haven’t finished)
6.What is your favorite snack to eat while your reading?
Junk Food. Candy, chips, popcorn. Snack food is literally the best for reading times!
7. Name three books you would reccomend to anyone.
Harry Potter by J.k Rowling – cause if you haven’t read it where have you been?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – romance novel that has been sweeping the globe
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys – Amazing take on someone living during the holocaust but instead of Hitlers Germany its Stalins Russia
8.Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.
I love this shelf because it has The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices series, as well as The Hunger Games, John Green and the Hush Hush series. It also has the Lux series which I am currently reading and is probably one of my favourite series now! I also loved Anna and the French kiss and Between Shades of Gray. I still have to read If I stay and the murder complex but this shelf is the biggest so they are there!
9.Write how much books mean to you in three words.
A thousand lives
10.What is your biggest reading secret?
Umm i don’t know….maybe that I really didn’t like The Lost Hero, I got halfway through and thought nothing was happening so I haven’t finished it. I loved the Percy Jackson series though!
1. What are your top three book pet hates?
– Going back to Jordan’s earlier point; that books are always more expensive in Canada rather than compared to the states. And we get the same editions and copies of the books. The only book that I own that is the same price in both the United States and Canada is More than This by Patrick Ness. Which is $19.99 in both countries.
-That even if I get the same copies or editions of a book series they still don’t match up. For example; Jordan and our friend Sydney got me the books The Madman’s Daughter and Her Dark Curiosity for my birthday. They have matching covers, but The Madman’s Daughter has a glossy cover, whereas the other is matte. Also Her Dark Curiosity has deckled edges is taller than The Madman’s daughter and it is literally madness. Maybe they did that on purpose…
-I quite dislike when books are really good but have horrendous covers. I don’t want to have a book lying around my room that is not visually appealing even if the darn book is the best form of literary art I have ever gazed my eyes upon!
2. Describe your Perfect Reading Spot
My perfect reading spot is in this one huge set of windows in my house. So this set of windows is elevated from the floor and pushed back. So it sort of juts out of the house. Anyway it is huge and I get to watch the forest and the trees while I am reading. I like throwing a bunch of pillows and blankets into it and reading. But it is hard to do when the family is home because you can’t always fangirl with an audience.
3. Tell us 3 Book Confessions
Some of these may not necessarily be ‘confessions’ per say, but here goes…
1. Mockingjay was my favourite book in the Hunger Games Trilogy and many people say I am crazy for saying that.
2. Last year I went through a phase when all I wanted to do was read B-Class Teen Romance Books and I am ashamed of it. (It was a rough time guys, rough.) I am sure we have all been there… right?
3. I liked Looking for Alaska more than The Fault in Our Stars. Jordan thinks I am crazy, along with the rest of the teenage girl population. Does anybody agree with me on this point?
4. When is the last time you cried during a book?
I don’t really cry during books. I didn’t cry reading The Fault in our Stars ( there is a possibility I have no soul ). And the closest I can remember to crying during a book is in Clockwork Princess, and I didn’t actually cry, my eyes watered but the tears did not fall.
5. What books are currently on your bedside table?
I currently have…
The Death Cure by James Dashner
Extras by Scott Westerfeld
The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepard
Her Dark Curiosity by Megan Shepard
6. What is your favourite snack to eat while Reading?
Dried Cranberries (Crasins) are literally some of the best things of my life. That and smoothies or tea. Or Greek Yogurt Covered Cranberries.
7. Name three books you would recommend to anyone.
The whole Harry Potter Series. No explanation required.
It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha
8. Show us a picture of your favourite shelf on your bookcase.
I currently don’t have a favourite shelf as my bookcase is in a predicament seeing as I currently don’t have one. Its taking an emotional toll on me.
9. Write how much books mean to you in 3 words.
I can’t even.
10. What is your biggest reading secret?
I don’t know if I have a reading secret. Or any secrets. I don’t really have a filter and basically say anything that pops into my mind. Jordan can be a witness to that. So I guess one would call me an open book.
See what I did there? I made a really corny joke. Did you laugh? You can laugh now if you want to.
Here are the blogs we tag:
If you have already done this tag or something similar to it please comment below with the link so we can see it! We love all your blogs and we hope you are reading something amazing right now! Thanks for tagging us! And keep fangirling 🙂
Jordan and Hannah